This Policy sets out how your information is managed by P & R Electrical Wholesalers Pty Ltd, and is effective from 12 March 2014.
- Information We Collect About You
We may collect and hold three types of information about you: personal information, credit information and credit eligibility information.
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- Whether the information is true or not; and
- Whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
We may collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Written forms;
- Through contact over the telephone, your mobile or other messaging technology;
- Via the internet; and
- In person.
Credit information is personal information about you, including:
- Identity (ie. name, date of birth, address, driver’s license number);
- Credit liability;
- Repayment history;
- A statement of any information requests made in relation to you by a credit provider, mortgage insurer or trade insurer;
- The type of credit and amount sought in any previous credit applications made by you, where the provider made an information request in relation to you;
- Default information (ie. debts over $150.00 more than 60 days overdue that have previously been the subject of written notice to you notifying you of the overdue portion of the debt and requesting you to pay it);
- Payment information;
- New arrangement information;
- Court proceedings information;
- Personal insolvency information; or
- Publicly available information.
Credit eligibility information means credit reporting information disclosed to us by a credit reporting body about you, which may have a bearing on your credit worthiness.
We collect credit information and credit eligibility information via your credit application form, or from a credit reporting body.
In the event that we are not provided with the information we require, we may not be able to process your request for our goods and services, or for payment on credit.
We may hold your information in computer systems, electronic form, digital records, telephone recordings or in paper files.
2.How We May Use Your Information
We collect personal information to:
- Provide our customers with the goods and services they request; and
- Provide our customers, unless they tell us not to, with marketing information about our products or promotions.
We may also use personal information to:
- Monitor and evaluate goods and services;
- Assist customers with queries; and
- Assess your credit application with us.
We may use your credit information and credit eligibility information to:
- Assess your credit application with us; and
- Assess any offer by you to act as guarantor or to offer property as security for the credit applied for.
We also need to give information to other people in order to give you goods and services. For example:
- Drivers need to know delivery details; and
- Installers need to know where to install your goods; and
- Suppliers in the event of product recalls or promotions.
We may disclose your information to a credit reporting body or a debt collection agency (see further details below).
We may undertake advertising or mail out newsletters, price lists or other materials that you would reasonably expect us to do, in order to keep you up to date and maintain our relationship. You will always be able to let us know that you do not want to receive such information and if so, we will stop sending it immediately.
If at any time you do not consent to any of the above uses of your information, please let us know.
3.Disclosure To Credit Reporting Body
We may disclose credit information about you to a credit reporting body. The Act allows us to do so on the basis that you are over 18 years of age.
The credit reporting bodies we may use include Dun & Bradstreet (Australia) Pty Ltd, Veda Advantage Ltd and/or CreditorWatch Pty Ltd.
Where the disclosure is in respect of an overdue amount owed by you, we will give you notice in writing stating that we intend to do so disclose the default to a credit reporting agency and you will be allowed a further 7 days to pay the outstanding amount before we proceed to provide the default information.
In the event that we disclose default information about you and you subsequently pay the outstanding amount, we will disclose the payment information to the credit reporting body as soon as possible.
4.Disclosure To Debt Collector
In the event that you fail to pay any outstanding amount to us as per the relevant terms of credit, we may disclose some credit eligibility information about you to a debt collection agency, with an Australian link, for the purpose of the collection of payments that are overdue. The type of credit eligibility information we disclose includes identification information, court proceedings information, personal insolvency information and/or default information.
5.Access To Your Information
You may request access to the information we keep about you by emailing Ms Janelle Muegge, National Credit Manager at email address: JanelleM@electrical.com.au. Alternatively you may make your request by post address to Ms Janelle Muegge, P & R Electrical Wholesalers Pty Ltd, PO Box 295, Greenacres SA 5086. We will provide such access unless:
- Giving access would be unlawful;
- Denying access is required/authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order; or
- Giving access would prejudice any enforcement related activities.
We will respond to your request within 14 days. In the event that we refuse your request, we will provide you with written notice setting out our reason(s) for refusal.
6.Correction Of Your Information
In the event that we become aware that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, we will take such steps as are reasonable to correct the information.
We will provide you with written notice of any such correction as soon as possible.
Where you are simply placing an order we will not ask you to consent to us having details such as your name, contact and credit card details since we believe it is understood that we need to have this information in order to fulfil your order.
When you complete a credit application with us, we will ask for your specific consent. If you offer to act as a guarantor or offer property as security for credit, we will request your express consent in writing to disclose your credit eligibility information in order to consider your eligibility in this respect, and for the purpose of enforcement, or proposed enforcement, of the guarantee.
If you fail to agree, or if you withdraw consent (as you are entitled to do), it might mean that we are unable to provide you with the goods and services you want.
We use your personal information to notify you about other products or promotions offered by us or our suppliers. You can ask not to receive such information by:
- telling our staff member at the time you place your phone or fax order; or
- contacting us directly at any time.
9.Protection Of Your Information
We will take all reasonable steps to protect your credit information and credit eligibility information from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
If your information is no longer required to be kept by us, we will destroy it and/or ensure that the information is de-identified.
Should you have any complaints in respect of our handing of your credit information or credit eligibility information, we require that you follow the process below.
- Contact our National Credit Manager by post at PO Box 295, Greenacres SA 5086 or by email at JanelleM@electrical.com.au clearly setting out the nature of your complaint;
- We will, within 7 days, provide you with a written response acknowledging the complaint and setting out how we propose to deal with it;
- We will then investigate the complaint; and
- We will then, within 30 days of the date of your complaint or such longer period as agreed by you in writing, provide you with the outcome of our investigation in writing.
11.Changes To Our Practices
From time to time we might change the way in which we handle your information. We will notify our intention to do so on our website and will have available an updated version of this document. .
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by letting us know using our Contact Us information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us this request using our Contact Us information.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|FORM_KEY||Stores randomly generated key used to prevent forged requests.|
|PHPSESSID||Your session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to view and edit their orders.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history, if you have asked for this.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|MAGE-CACHE-SESSID||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE-SECTION-INVALIDATION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-TIMEOUT||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|SECTION-DATA-IDS||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|PRIVATE_CONTENT_VERSION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|X-MAGENTO-VARY||Facilitates caching of content on the server to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-FILE-VERSION||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-STORAGE||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|